Monday, January 18, 2010

january eighteen :: 159 weeks old

Sean is 159 weeks old today.

Sean had his swimming lesson this morning. I talked again with the mom of the other 2 girls in his class and learned that she also used to knit a bit and crochet. We talked a bit, I worked on my Mara Shawl and Sean enjoyed his swim lesson.

Today I did ALL the laundry. There is nothing left dirty except for what we wore today. I wanted it all done before I left tomorrow. I can't believe it's all done as well. And folded. And put away! While folding the 8 loads I watched some tv, catching up on House, Desperate Housewives, and Bones. I got my eyebrows waxed mid-afternoon - and boy do I feel like a million bucks now. I don't know what it is about getting your eyebrows waxed, but it always makes me feel so much better.

Upon picking up Sean & Mack from daycare today Sean wanted me to take a picture of him with the Habs collage he helped his teachers make, so that he could show his dad. I thought that was a brilliant idea. He pointed out a bunch of them that he helped his teacher do. It was so cute. One of his teachers, is a huge habs fan as well.

This evening, went by too quickly. I killed an imaginary spider so that Sean would go back to sleep. I finished packing. I knitted a bit on my Mara Shawl to transfer it over to my Zephyr needles for the flight tomorrow. I'm all organized. It'll be a breeze getting the boys up tomorrow morning at 3:45 am to get out the door. We have to be at the airport at 4:30 am. It's insane. I'm not sure why I agreed to such an early time. What was wrong with the 11:40 am flight again? I'm going to miss Jamie, but it'll be nice to have a week away from him so that we miss each other more. And it'll be a fun week hopefully. My skin definitely needs the warmer weather, that I do have to say.

So as I figured, my Mara Shawl did not get finished tonight, there's no way I had time to do that, one row practically takes me about 45 minutes to knit. I'm hoping to have it done shortly. I've got just over 2 inches done from the 4 inches of the last section of it. I will definitely have some photos of it done to show you from Florida. That's for sure. I also packed in my suitcase one other project to knit on once I'm done that. And if I finish that as well, I have some squares I can make for Babette.

Zeus apparently thinks he's coming with me in my laptop bag. He looked so cozy, I felt bad having to wake him up to actually put my laptop in there.

I have to be up in just about 3 and half hours. Is there a point in going to sleep?

9 comments:

Bea said...

Yay for finished laundry! I feel the same way about getting my eyebrows waxed. I'm not sure about Florida (actually you are probably there now) but its supposed to get up to a lovely 70F here today.

Not much point in sleeping. Hope you guys had a good flight.

carolyn said...

Oh, I do hope you made it through! Those early flights are no fun. You'll have to let us know if you stayed up or took a nap. Have an awesome trip!

CherylinMtl said...

Love Zeus!

Cynthia F said...

Aww your Sean is so cute! And Zeus- he looks like just our late Foufi, all curled up like that, she used to hold her head with one paw like that too.
Hope you have a great trip!!!

Unknown said...

I hope you all had a wonderful flight. Early mornings are a bear. But so much better than trying to travel in the middle of naptime.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Those last two inches of the Mara shawl are killer! Think about the casting off! :)

Amelah said...

Sorry Zeus you can't come!!!

Aw Sean is too cute in front of the Habs poster! No wonder the kid loves school!

g-girl said...

that is so cute that sean got to help his teachers with that habs collage! i love that you killed an imaginary spider. ;)

Tara said...

Nice collage! And it was his idea? That's awesome!