Thursday, January 28, 2010

january twenty-eight :: 37 months old

37mosS
Sean is 37 months old today.

newsqrs

Here are some new squares I’ve made for Babette.
I’ve been chugging away at these squares. I’m loving how they’re turning out.

oldspongefront

This is my beloved bath sponge.

oldspongeback
It’s old. I can’t even tell you how old it is, but I know I got it after moving out of my parents house (2003) from a Yves Rocher order. I would love to find another one like this (doesn’t have to be a star, just the way the soaping pad on the back is).

newsponge

But I haven’t been able to find anything similar. I did find this sponge at Target while in Florida. I tried it out today. I like it. It’ll do for now. The tag said to replace this sponge every 3 months. Uhm, I don’t have a target here… what am I going to do? And this was the last one at the Super Target in Deerfield Beach, Florida, so I can’t even ask my grandmother to bring another one home for me. (Unless they re-stock that is).

lotsofsnow

Today was very snowy. It was blowing everywhere. By the time I picked up the kids from daycare, it was getting thicker and thicker out there and you couldn’t see where the icy patches were. I am glad that my plans tonight got re-scheduled, because the roads were terrible just going the 3 streets to pick up the kids from daycare.

elmoontv
The kids were off the wall tonight. I caught them jumping on the foot rest bench in the den. They’re monkeys.

Jamie and I did a 24 marathon tonight. We’re trying to catch up. We have 1 hour left before Monday night’s new episode. Not sure yet what to think of this new season. I worked on a few more squares for Babette. I’m up to 36 squares done. I am not sure how many squares I will need, as I don’t know how large I want this to be, but I know that I am blocking them to 4”x4” so once I figure out the size I want it, I’ll divide it by 4” and figure out how many squares I need. I know I have no where near enough squares right now, so I will keep plugging away at them. I hope I don’t run out of solid/semi-solid/tonal leftovers, or I won’t be able to finish it. Right now I still have some solid/semi-solid/tonals left, but I will soon run out and then I’ll have to figure out what to do next.

Off to go crawl into bed and start the new book I’m reading, Holly’s Inbox, which I picked up while in Florida.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's such a cute sponge (the star one). I've never seen one like that anywhere! I'll keep my eyes peeled for you, though.

g-girl said...

did you see if there's an yves rocher website? hope you're able to find something comparable! oh, i forgot to comment about the book you're reading! i like books in email/letter style too! might have to check that book out sometime soon. :)

Bea said...

Are you making your babette all little squares or have you just not gotten to the point of making bigger squares?

Tara said...

The Babette swuares are looking good! Maybe do a swap on Ravelry for some more tonal/semi-solids? Since you can't buy yarn...