Tuesday, January 12, 2010

january twelve

Don't you just love end bits?

I do!

It means the project is DONE!

Specs:
Pattern: Easy Ripple Afghan by SusanB (Ravelry Link)
For: Zachary (For his 3rd Birthday)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Blue Velvet, Blueberry & Baby Denim.
Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
Size: Toddler Length. Finished Size is 32” by 36” with 65 rows.
It’s 130 stitches wide.
Timeline: December 6th, 2009 - January 11th, 2010.
Modifications: Followed pattern as published to my own desired length.
Opinion: Love it. I hope Zachary will like it. I will find out as soon as it's picked up.

I kept Mack home from daycare today, as he's supposed to be 24 hours fever free before I can send him back to daycare. I worked from home today, though was supposed to go into the office today. Hopefully he'll go back to daycare tomorrow, so I will go into work then. While Mack napped, I weaved in the ends to the blanket, listened to some knitting podcasts and tried to get as much work as possible done from home.

This evening I had the Guild Meeting. Madeleine came over, and I fed her dinner (I'll talk about the tomato sauce that I made from scratch tomorrow) and after dinner we went together to the Guild Meeting. Tonight if you were wearing at least 1 knitted item (I wore Ishbel), you got a raffle ticket for a prize. I didn't win anything, but it was certainly fun doing the show & tell part. I also showed off Mara, which is almost done.

It was really nice to get out of the house tonight, for a little while. The Guild Meetings are quite short actually, and have a start & ending time. It's like, just as you're getting into a knitting project, and chatting with people that you only get to see once a month, before you know it, it's time to pack up and go home. I hate that. But I enjoy being Newsletter Editor, and I do enjoy seeing those ladies once a month, (while I am pretty certain (99.9% certain) I'm the youngest member who goes, age is just a number)... I am pretty certain the next youngest person is my cousin Jenn, who is almost 4 years older than me. There is another one or two who are probably around Jenn's age, and everyone else is older than us. That's okay, though, I find that I get along with older people a lot better than younger. It's possible it's just the page of life that I'm on... if you know what I mean. I've always had older friends, older boyfriends, etc. I guess it's all about maturity.

On that note, I'm going to go knit some more in bed and hit the sack as my two young kidlets will be up early - that's for sure. And as much as I'd love to stay up all night and be the night owl that I am, I'm going to be responsible and go up to bed.

7 comments:

Andrea said...

OMG What a great blanket!! I'm such Zachary will love it :)

Amelah said...

When ar you giving it to Zachery or did you give it to him already???

Love the colors of it!! So vibrant!!

Manicmag said...

Love Cheryl's face!! Great picture.

Bea said...

The blanket looks great. I know you are so glad to be finished with it.

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

The blanket turned out beautifully!

Tara said...

Admit it, you want to make another afghan. LOL!

g-girl said...

zachary's blanket is absolutely gorgeous. :) love the picture of cheryl knitting. teehee. :)