Friday, April 13, 2012

1 Month Soda Free Challenge


I hadn't had any soda in one month. Last night I was out for dinner and I treated myself to a diet pepsi. (My soda drink of choice). I only drink diet to begin with, but I wanted to see if it made any difference in my life without having any. Besides the fact that it costs next to nothing to drink water instead (besides the occasional water bottle and the filter in our water cooler that we change every 6 months), I wonder if any of the 13 lbs I've lost so far has to do with cutting out soda in my life. I will never know, but it was a nice challenge to do for a month. I am not going to cut out soda 100% out of my life, but I am cutting back 80% of the amount that I used to consume. I'm thinking a nice treat on the weekend will not be the end of the world. Are you addicted to soda? What's your drink of choice?

5 comments:

Zoe said...

I cut out soda too! Actually I tried something different this time. It seems like every time I quit I always come crawling back. So this time I quit (diet Pepsi) and told myself if I get a craving and feel like caving I could only drink non-diet. I don't like regular Pepsi at all so I had to go with Root Beer. That was several months ago and I don't have the cravings anymore. Woot! I'm blaming the aspartame.

Sandra said...

I've given up the sugary drinks as well - other than wine and beer, my drink of choice is Perrier or just water.

Hattie said...

Oh man, SO addicted. Dr. Pepper is my absolute favorite, and I can't do without it! I've limited it a lot but I still crave it ALL the time.

Celia said...

I love diet coke, but I had to cut way back. I usually do one a day.

Girl Knits said...

Good for you going Soda free for a month!