Friday, April 13, 2012

A Big Easy Start

bigeasy

I cast on a new hat for myself last night after completing my 2nd baby gift knit. (I have 2 gift knits to go, but didn't have the pattern on me (nor the yarn) to start that last night. I figured if I start working on this hat now, it might actually get done before winter later this year. I've had a bad case of knitting A.D.D. lately, and have a few projects on the go. Apparently I can't concentrate on just one, I have to have several to keep me busy with. I love the color (Malabrigo Worsted in Sealing Wax), which I copied off the original one in the pattern. With my complexion I think it will go nicely on me for winter, and my jacket is grey, so it goes with almost anything, or rather, absolutely everything, in my opinion.

Pictures to follow on the finished baby knit from last night. It's currently about to be blocked (trying to hunt down where on earth I put my container of blocking T-pins, from the last one I finished).

1 comment:

Julia said...

I know EXACTLY what you mean about the whole "knitting ADD" thing-- I've had it all year too-- with everything I do, actually. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many UFO's I have, in every kind of medium imaginable!

Anyway, I found you through a follower of yours, found through the A to Z blog hop that's been going on in April :) I'm excited to be your newest follower, and see your future work on here! It's exciting to see another blogger close to my age-- so many of them are so much older!

I love the color of that hat you just cast on <3

*~* Julia *~* http://beautifullywhimsical.blogspot.com *~*