Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Birthday Shopping

Today after finishing my project I ran over to where Jamie works and dropped him off lunch. Last night we made dinner and made extras so that he could take it with him to work, and well, having never brought a lunch with him (probably ever) to work, he forgot it this morning. So since I was heading out his way to do some errands, I brought it over to him. What a nice wife I am!

So, I headed to do some errands. First I went to do some banking, and then headed over to Zellers. I had a gift certificate to HBC stores for my birthday, so first I went to check out Zellers. I couldn't find a scale that was digital (for weighing yarn), but did find this really cute 50 piece cookie cutter set. It's the entire alphabet plus the numbers 0-9 in big and small, (2 different sizes) and a bunch of symbols! Hmmm, fun cookies!

I also got this cute bag that can be used as a picnic bag, but I am using it for yarn travel! I also picked up the needed umbrella base for our patio set (which was "sold seperately").

Next stop was Chapters. I had a return to do, and then with my birthday gift cards, I picked up something for the baby (that was being liquidated but still brand new) and 4 books for myself!

Tales from the Crib by Jennifer Coburn
Escape from Bridezilla by Jacqueline deMontravel
Stupid and Contagious by Caprice Crane
Theodora's Baby by Penny Culliford
Hmm - notice a theme going on here with the books? Babies? Hmmm, what? Fiction about pregnant women? LOL....
Then, I went to the maternity store, Thyme, and picked out a shirt for myself with a gift certificate that I got for my birthday, and a baby outfit that was on sale, and it pretty much came out to the amount of the gift certificate. Perfect!
Next stop was Deco Decouvert - (HBC store) to check out digital food scales, and I found this one: (OF COURSE I bought it in PINK!) - Money spent on it does go to Breast Cancer. I have 90 days to decide if I like it or not, but we'll see how well it works out. It was tested out this evening at the Knitting Meetup and seems pretty accurate.
Since I was in the mall at that point, I went to get myself an ice cream at Laura Secord, as I was CRAVING ice cream, and haven't had good ice cream in ages. I settled on Pecan Butter (after a taster first) and boy was it delicious.
Next stop, in the mall, was BABY GAP. Since Gap doesn't have a maternity section and I was given a gift certificate I picked out some items for the baby. (Unisex of course). I got a ton of onesies on sale, plus a really cute gift set of 7 onesies, that were just WAY too hard to pass up.


Aren't they just the cutest things ever???
After the Gap I headed to do a return at Walmart, and then home to grab my knitting, then to pick up Angela, then to get Jenn and then to 2nd Cup for the Montreal Knitting Meetup. I had a good time, and a special Thank You to Jennie E. for the wonderful pregnancy safe beauty products that she got me for my birthday. That was SUPER sweet of her! I can't wait to try them!
Just got in from knitting and I'm zonked. More tomorrow after my boring Field Trip that I MUST take with school (I feel like I'm in primary school). I hope I don't have to hold hands with my buddy.

No comments: