Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Can Relax Now....

Between yesterday and today, I had two huge assignments due. Today, after handing in the last one, I have nothing due for a little while (minus a small quiz that's due on Monday, which I am not worried about whatsoever - layer styles, masks, easy stuff).

I feel such a relief right now, I can relax and spend my day off tomorrow doing some long awaited chores and some arts and crafts that I want to do - and I also want to work on Jamie's sock that I'm knitting (but neglected again today).... catch up on some reading, I may be having some lunch with a friend, (she's supposed to come over?) and maybe watch a movie.... Just a nice relaxing day....

Things I'm missing while being pregnant:
- a nice glass of red wine.
- hot tubs
- sushi (BIG TIME CRAVING!)
- a nice hot bath
Some of these things I can resume after giving birth - (like hot tubs and baths) but the wine & sushi will have to wait until I'm done breastfeeding.
Today I found playing cards with the picture on the back side being Knitting! Of course I had to get them, and get some for my secret pal - which I'll mail to her in August when she gets back from her month long trip to B.C. For some reason I thought that SP8 ran until mid-september, but it ends August 31st - according to the website. (I will take a picture of the knitting cards to show you tomorrow)
This evening once I got home from school, I crashed on the couch for an hour. That felt great. Once Jamie got home from work we headed out to visit his grandmother at the hospital. She was home for a week (which no one told us - otherwise, we'd have gone to see her) and she isn't doing too well at all... unfortunately. I will keep an update, as long as we're updated (we seem to be lost as far as people telling us what's going on - and we seem to hear things after the fact). Jamie was torn standing there in the hospital room, he kept saying "You have to get better and stronger so you can come home and see your great-grandchild soon" - but I don't think she had any clue as to who we were.... I stood there also, not knowing what to say, or how to comfort Jamie. I felt exactly how I felt when we went to see Jamie's grandfather 2 years ago just a short few days before he passed away.... in a situation where I didn't know what to say, or what to do. It really is awkward, standing next to someone who is losing a member of their family - who is now my family too. I hope for the best for her, but unfortuntaly to write this, I don't think there is much hope, she just wants to go and be with her husband... in a place with no suffering.
On that note, I'm going to say goodnight.

No comments: