Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire Answers

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I am currently addicted to sock yarn. I don't mind any kind of yarn, but I'm not a fan of ribbon, or that fuzzy yarn grandmothers knit with. (when I find the name of it - I'll include it here)

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Some are in wood boxes, some are in a needle roll that I got a Walmart, but I have a ton of knitting needles that are currently not in anything, need to organize them soon. Keep procrastinating.

3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I consider myself to be an intermediate knitter. I’ve been knitting since about mid-Novermber 2005. I tried knitting once when I was about 9 years old, an old non-live-in babysitter/housekeeper Irene taught me to knit. She was later fired for stealing from my parents. Then, my friend Faye got me knitting needles and some really expensive yarn for my birthday in June of 2004, while in my 2nd year of professional photography school. I knitted a garter ridge scarf (only knew knit stitch back then, didn’t know how to purl yet) and then put down knitting until November 2005, when I started working on a scarf in chenille (yick!) yarn for my mother-in-law. That yarn got so gross to knit with, that I won’t ever knit with chenille yarn again, and that scarf died. That’s when my sister-in-law introduced me to crochet (or her version of crochet anyhow!) and I didn’t touch any knitting for another month and a half until January 2006. That’s my knitting history for you in a nutshell!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not at the moment. Check back later if I start one. Maybe I should.

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Peach, Vanilla, Watermelon.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? No sweet tooth, but I love gum. I am trying to stick to the G.I. Diet - which allows no sugar.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I crochet, scrapbook a little, collage, journal, do photography. (I do not spin). I want to start using my sewing machine more.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I hate rap, country. I like any other kind of music. MP3's my computer should play, but my stereo only plays regular music mixes. I love music mixes.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? Fave colour - Pink. Runners up: Blue, Yellow, Red (Primary Colours). I HATE HATE HATE Purple. No purple please. I like knitting though in blacks, grey's, neutrals, beiges, browns, greens, etc. I tend to wear a lot of neutral, earth tone colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am a newlywed (got married in September) so I live with my hubby and we have 2 cats.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? In the winter I wear hats, mittens or gloves and scarves. Don't really do the poncho thing.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Currently that would be socks.

13. What are you knitting right now? Socks. (2 pairs actually).

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I have mostly aluminum, and only a few plastics. I own bamboo circs in every size available. I wouldn't mind getting a set of bamboo DPN's - have been looking into a seller on ebay that I bought my bamboo circ's from - he sells the entire set of bamboo DPN's - in every size for very cheap. And they come 5 needles instead of 4!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I own the Royal Ball Winder. No swift.

17. How did you learn to knit? I don't remember how I learned to knit when I was 9-10. But recently, my cousin Jenn has been helping me out, as well as the Montreal Knits.

18. How old is your oldest UFO? A few months, that's it.

19. What is your favorite holiday? Don't really have one.

20. Is there anything that you collect? Besides books and knitting accessories and YARN, nothing really. Oh, I do have an elephant statue collection.

21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I don't have a knitting mag subscription, but I like reading Knit 1, Vogue Knitting, etc. Any books - nothing that I can think of at the moment, besides One Skein.

22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Of course, I'm wanting to make a sweater for my next big project.

23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am! I'm a size 8 women's shoe.

24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) June 16th.

No comments: